Contenido principal del artículo
AutoresEduardo Kerguelén-Durango Víctor Atencio-García
Objective. To characterize some abiotic factors during the reproductive season of migratory fish (bocachico Prochilodus magdalenae, dorada Brycon sinuensis, bagre blanco Sorubim cuspicaudus and barbul Pimelodus blochii) in the Sinú River. Materials and methods. From April to October, 2008, in Carrizola (Tierralta, 36.31 km from the Urrá hydroelectric plant) factors such as flow=Qriver, daily flow difference =ΔQriver, velocity=Vriver, temperature=Triver, electrical conductivity=CE, total dissolved solids=STD, turbidity=Turb, cloudiness=Nub, rainfall=Pluv and solar brightness=Bs were measured daily three times/day (07:00 h, 12:00 h, 17:00 h). Also, on the same schedule, ichthyoplankton was collected as an indicator of reproductive activity, assessed by reproductive frequency (Fr=number of days with presence of ichthyoplankton/number of days in the period evaluated X 100) and larval density (Dl=larval/m3). Results. The daily values of Qriver ranged between 278.7 and 838.5 m3/s, ΔQriver between 0.0 and 100.7 m3/s, Vriver between 1.40 and 1.53 m/s, Pluv between 0.0 and 88.2 mm, Triver between 27.0 and 28.7°C, STD between 73.0 and 302.3 mg/L, Turb between 9.7 and 679.7 NTU, CE between 81.0 and 361.7 mS/cm, Bs between 0.0 and 11.2 hours, Nub between 2.0 and 7.3 octaves. The Fr was 30.4%, with April (40.0%) and May (74.2%) as the higher activity reproductive months, while the Dl in the season was 4.9 larvae/m3, with the larvae group other species (2.9 larvae/m3) and bocachico (1.8 larvae/m3) as the most abundant. Conclusions. Most reproductive activity was recorded early in the season (April and May) and parameters such as Qriver, Triver, Vriver, Pluv, STD and Nub may be considered final factors associated with migratory fish reproduction.
Detalles del artículo
Esta obra está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional.
2. Baumgartner G, Nakatani K, Gomes LC, Bialetzki A, Sanches PV, Makrakis MC. Fish larvae from the upper Paraná River: do abiotic factors affect larval density? Neotrop Ichthyol 2008; 6(4):551-558. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1679-62252008000400002
3. Alves Da Silva P, Reynalte-Tataje DA, Zaniboni-Filho E. Identification of fish nursery areas in a free tributary of an impoundment region, upper Uruguay River, Brazil. Neotrop Ichthyol 2012; 10(2):425-438. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1679-62252012005000012
4. Jiménez-Segura LF, Palacio J, Leite R. River flooding and reproduction of migratory fish species in the Magdalena River basin, Colombia. Ecol Freshw Fish 2010; 19(2):178–186.
5. Arias-Gallo M, Jiménez-Segura LF, Dorado M Del P. Desarrollo larval de Prochilodus magdalenae (Steindachner, 1879) (Pisces: Prochilodontidae), río Magdalena, Colombia. Actual Biol 2010; 32(93):199-208.
6. Statistical Graphics Corp. Statgraphics Centurion 5.0. 2011.
7. Maldonado-Ocampo J, Vari R, Usma J. Checklist of the freshwater fishes of Colombia. Biota Colombiana 2008; 9(2):143–237.
8. Salete-Daga V, Gogola M, Vanderlei-Sanches P, Baumgartner G, Baumgartner D, Augusto Piana P, André Gubiani E, Luciana Delariva R. Fish larvae assemblages in two floodplain lakes with different degrees of connection to the Paraná River, Brazil. Neotrop Ichthyol 2009; 7(3):429-438. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1679-62252009000300010
9. Reynalte-Tataje DA, Nakatani K, Fernandes R, Agostinho AA, Bialetzki A. Temporal distribution of ichthyoplankton in the Ivinhema River (Mato Grosso do Sul State/ Brazil): Influence of environmental variables. Neotrop Ichthyol 2011; 9(2):427-436.
10. Bialetzki A, Nakatani K, Sanches PV, Baumgartner G, Gomes LC. Larval fish assemblage in the Bahia River (Mato Grosso do Sul State, Brazil): temporal and spatial patters. Environ Biol Fishes 2005; 73(1):37-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10641-004-3795-3
11. Rodríguez-Olarte D, Kossowski C. Reproducción de peces y consideración de ambientes en eventos de crecidas en el río Portuguesa, Venezuela. Rev Bioagro 2004; 16(2):143-147.
12. Ramalho Ziober S, Bialetzki A, Aparecida De Fátima Mateus L. Effect of abiotic variables on fish eggs and larvae distribution in headwaters of Cuiabá River, Mato Grosso State, Brazil. Neotrop Ichthyol 2012; 10(1):123-132. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1679-62252012000100012
13. Gogola T, Daga V, Da Silva P, Sanches P, Gubiani É, Baumgartner G, Delariva R. Spatial and temporal distribution patterns of ichthyoplankton in a region affected by water regulation by dams. Neotrop Ichthyol 2010; 8(2):341-349.